Monday, July 19, 2010

LCD Soundsystem's Song Influences..

So everyone has heard of LCD, some love em some hate em. I personally really enjoy his music. He drops some lyrics that normally tend to hit pretty close to home with me and, what, I mean his junk is pretty synth too lol.
So I was reading an interview of the guy on Pitchfork, a few minutes ago and he was talking about The Knack being a big influence. They're the band that had a movie made out of their single "That thing you do". So I checked out their song which I have at the bottom of this and said "whaat?" Yes, compare and you be the judge if he totally yanked the main riff.

Also a little background aswell, ehy? So earlier this summer some people on the internet realized a tune off his second album was pretty much a Telex song, Brainwash. (http://shittydj.tumblr.com/post/689524754/released-1981-riyl-lcd-soundsystem)
Here you can see the new one that I just found. (listen to the guitar riff and the piano riff)



The Knack - Radiating Love .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

No comments:

Post a Comment