Sunday, July 11, 2010

Korg Poly 800

So I its about time for me to post a review of the Korg Poly 800, owned it for about 2 weeks now.

I really love the thing. It has so much more personality than any of my other hardware synths, from its guitar pegs, lush sound, and even the color choices of the board, it has an awesome 80s synthpop feel to it. Over all the built in sounds are pretty good. None of its sounds are mind blowing but they all are sort of what you would hope to find out of it, from synth strings to synth bass. It can be functional for a number of uses. The joy stick allows the normal pitch bend but also dco and vco control. I normally use this to get a dub step synth type sound.

I picked it up used for 80 and would definitely recommend it to anyone else.




PS: It also has the potential for some extra knobs on top. Alot of people have modded theirs with the "Moogslayer Mod" to give them filter and res control with 2 knobs on top. Would love to find a local willing to do this for cheap..

No comments:

Post a Comment