Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Legs are Jelly.

Today I headed out to the Jelly Pool Party for, well lets be honest, I went there to see Cut Copy. Those guys have been huge on my iPod for the last two years and an opportunity to see them free brought forth the easy answer of "well of course!"



Anyway, got there at 2 and Restless people started first, quality just like everyone there but they had a really cool feel, Hmm, Id say they kinda reminded me of a four piece, all guy, Crystal Castles (minus the one song that sounded kinda rasta, wasnt really feelin that one). Owell, so after they finished everyone got to their music festival festivities and in no time this 3 piece DJ set had everyone in the crowd dancing, jumping, and air punching (fitting as they were called Punches). They were great for the first thirty minutes but the fifteen after that left everyone really tired.
Glasser totally caught me off guard. Guitar player, drummer (with an electronic drum set), a guy on what looked to be an artuia midi board and some sampler stuff and then the lead singer walked out, she was short, red haired and had on the coolest Spacy while organic feeling costume. Hopefully some pictures of it will get posted on the internet, if you find em post em in the comments and ill update. Great electronic feel with great vocals on top. I think its all the singer's music and they were just her band. Anyway They really reminded me of a more Spacy-Kyte Feeling Florence and the Machine. I personally liked her music alot more than what I just related her to, which i find funny.

Memory Tapes played next and were a two piece, drums and guitar. They had a synthy soundscape creating backtrack aswell. I really enjoyed their bit. Reminding me of a blend between M83 and EL Ten Eleven, two incredible bands. I'll probably make an individual post just about these guys so this one will be a bit light.

Cut Copy headlined and showed us why they were. They really sound great live! I dont know what else to say about those guys, Great band. (this video is kinda like a studio version of their live set, with green screens. Enjoy your good seats!)

No comments:

Post a Comment